Monday, June 18, 2007

Sisters - A Blessing

I have been blessed with 3 sisters and as time goes on we have grown closer. Closer as sisters, closer as friends, closer as we grow in our new roles as wives and mothers. It has been wonderful to be able to offer parenting advice (when asked), or to be able to take the kids so one of them can have a date with their husband or just some time to go grocery shopping alone.



A few months ago one of my sisters hurt her back and was unable to lift her little ones at all (a 3 year old and a 19 month old). I was thankful that we homeschool and could pack up within a few hours and help take care of the kids so her husband could go back to work and not eat up all his vacation time. In 10 days, another sister is taking my 3 kids so my husband and I can attend a 2 day meeting near my hometown. The kids already brainstormed a huge list of activities and they are looking forward to what I call "Aunt Camp". Maybe this will become an annual event and we can all host each others kids, when they are a little older. There is a 5 year break from my youngest to the next cousin, so that will be a few years yet.



Here are two pictures of the 4 of us from my sisters wedding.




From left: Me (Kristi), Kay, Cheryl and Lori (front)

Bottom photo is just a close up of the top photo.

P.S. I just love the flowers from her wedding.


2 comments:

Genuine Lustre said...

Lucky you Kristi!

I have a very toxic relationship with my only sister, and it makes me sad.
My sisters in law are my true sisters ( and my looper friends).

Presbytera said...

Wonderful picture Kristi and I also love the flowers! I have no sisters but my husbands family has been most generous in the past when my boys were young. Now I'm the grandma who watches the children : )