Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Case of the Missing Movie

If you have read my previous posts, you know that we like the CARS movie a lot. It is just cute! Every time we watch it we catch something else. We bought it and watched it a number of times prior to Christmas. We had Tom's parents over to watch it one night and then watched it again the day of the twins' birthday in January with my parents. They had been wanting to see it and what better to do on a cold January day? Four days later, my husband was to speak in Des Moines at a conference and all of our babysitting plans were falling through. Tom's mom suggested we ask her cousin who lived about 15 miles away (and on our way to the conference).


We thought she might enjoy the movie and so we took it along for she and the kids to watch. Several weeks later, my sister came to visit and her three year old son asked to watch the CARS movie and I couldn't find it anywhere. I thought perhaps it was in the vehicle. We travel a lot and the kids watch movies on the portable DVD players that Tom's folks got them for long car trips. Nope, not there either.


I have been wracking my brain as to where it might be. Tonight after we got the kids to bed, my youngest came out and said " I think I know where the cars movie is!" Then it dawned on me, that she is probably right. I will be calling her tomorrow and seeing if the lost is found. I'll give you an update. I really hated to buy another copy when I knew it had to be around somewhere. Keep your fingers crossed, okay?