Saturday, February 2, 2008

Susan tagged me with this meme. Here are the instructions:

Instructions
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

There were no books on my desk, so I grabbed one off the bookshelf directly behind my office chair: Unstoppable Global Warming: Every 1,500 Years by S. Fred Singer and Dennis T. Avery
Sentences 6-8 on page 123:

"In the coming warming centuries, we will undoubtedly be able to produce enough food from the land that gets good weather in any given year to supply all of the world's food needs. Equally important, we will be able to store food safely from years of plenty to ensure food abundance in lean year: all it takes are inexpensive concrete silos and modern pesticides to keep the rats and bugs from feasting on our food reserves before we need to draw on them. Thanks to modern transportation, we will also be able to transport the food, whereever it is grow, to whereever in the world it is needed. "

Just for the record, my uncle sent this book to my hubby a couple of years ago and neither one of us has read it, so we have no idea if we agree with much of anything in it. End of disclaimer.......

Now I will tag: Amy, Dawn, Pam, Glenda and Melody

No comments: