Thursday, January 3, 2008

Iowa Caucuses

Just attended my first ever caucuses. The turnout was incredible! Normally they expect 30 people ( we are in one of the two smallest counties in the state) and we had 300 people show up!!! Wow! Obama defeated Hilary (it looks like she got 3rd!!) Huckabee beat Romney (even when outspent 15 or 20 to 1). There is hope that the people really matter!!!

My hubby reported that there were 332,000 caucus participants tonight. That is 11 percent of the total population of our state. I heard on some tv report tonight that Democratic turnout was up an astounding 82 percent!!!! I haven't heard percentages on the Republican side yet.

At least the phone calls will stop for a little while. I had at least 10 of them yesterday! From 6 candidates no less!

No comments: