Sunday, December 9, 2007

Digital Cameras Make Some Things Easier

I was just thinking that in many ways, digital cameras make a lot of things much easier. Here is a brief list:

1. Deleting bad pictures instead of paying to print them.
2. Sharing via email (otherwise they would have to be scanned, attached, etc.)
3. Being able to make all kinds of cool things, like photocards, calendars, etc from the comfort of your home, then sending them online to be printed and shipped to your door. (And not having to drag the kids out to do that errand.)
4. Instantly documenting something (ie. car accident - take pictures immediately for the accident report and insurance filings)
5. Sharing something from the event via camera phones with others that can't be there.
6. Printing pictures at home directly from your computer.

I am sure there are many others, but these came to mind for me. I was able to compose and send off for my Christmas cards. I was able to make up photo calendars. If I wanted to, I could have poster prints, mouse pads, mugs, coasters, etc made. You can also upload your photos to online storage and then share with family across the country and around the world. You can share the picture of your newborn within hours of the birth.

I realize that everything doesn't need to be instantaneous, but it is nice to see the results right away, especially if the picture didn't turn out. You can still take another one before you leave the location you took it at.

No comments: